Re: [RC] arabian dispersal in kansas - Marv Walker

 However, while we spend time picking this lady apart on
whether she should give away her horses or RIGHTFULLY deserve a bit of cash
for her wonderful animals, eleven horses out there are getting skinny.  Yes,
she probably was irresponsible in many ways, but let's not forget that she
is trying desperately to reach out for help.  She's not Santa Clause who is
notifying us about free purebred Arabs, but a woman in desperate need
apparently.  Kudos for that!!!  Also, she was very outspoken to say that she
is willing to give them away for a song and a dance.  In fact, there is no
set price, no minimum price, heck, she just wants these critters to go to
good homes and hopefully get some cash out of it to stay in her home and
feed her family.  Let's think outside the box here, can we?

Every so often I roll out my "How To Find Free Or Nearly Free Horses" info product. I invariably get some emails from someone who blasts me for encouraging those who cannot afford horses to get some or ridiculing me for thinking anyone would actually give away a good horse or telling me a "free" horse is worth exactly what you pay for it.

I can think of NOTHING that can go from a blessing to a burden quicker
than a horse and when it happens to you, it is one hell of a jolt.  We
have a herd of high dollar horses but we all know that horses are worth
exactly what they will bring when you just absolutely have no other
choice.

Horses are an endangered species.  There are going to be huge
numbers of horses with no place to go relatively soon.

One divorce, catastrophic illness or death or any of a number of other
of life occurrences and some one will be getting one hell of a deal on
some horses or there will be a new load going to slaughter.

True, many are brought to that point by unwise choices.  Even at that
one still has to step up and try to figure out what is the best for the
horses.

Marv "I'm not in Kansas, Toto, I'm up to my ears in horses in
Georgia." Walker
http://VideoBookStore.com