Re: [RC] Help! Behavior problems - Agilbxr

Thanks for everyone who has responded so far.  To answer a couple of questions,
yes there was a feed change, but he went down in protein.  I was feeding a high
protein/high fat feed, and he went to a 12% pellet, with fat added in the form
of stabilized rice bran to help keep the fat content of his feed on the higher
level.  The attitude change was directly related to the new horse, he was fine
for the 2 months on the new feed before then.

We went out on the trail today with the new horse, and Alpine was a perfect
gentleman.  No spooking, no attitude, didn't make any faces at the new guy,
led, followed, went side by side, no problem.  It was like he knew where the
new horse was, so he didn't have to worry about his mares.  As soon as we
turned them out together, he was back at herd stallion. Sigh....

As soon as Amy can get the new fence up, I think we are going to separate them,
but right now there just isn't anyplace to put him.  I am working on ground
manners again, and have done some lunge work to remind him he has to listen.  I
had the theory if he was going to act like a stud, he was going to be treated
like one.  In the meantime, got my helmet, got my ibuprofen, gonna go make my
horse Tired.  I know with my dogs, tired dog=good dog.  We will try that with
the horse I guess.  I know where the deep sand is now.....

Juli and Alpine(wild child brat horse who had his halo on in the woods today)