From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Nina Vasiliev
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 7:32 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] How long do they keep their conditioning?

Hi,

How long does a horse keep its conditoning?  If I train steadily for a few
months and then have to take 3-4 weeks off because of, well, life being too
busy...Has my guy lost half his conditioning? All his conditioning?  None?

If I don't have too much time to condition so I only go out for a long ride
once a week for a few months and then take 3 weeks off, what then?

Just wondering,  (as my life is getting too, too full.)

Nina

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle

Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt