[RC] How long do they keep their conditioning? - Nina Vasiliev

Hi,

How long does a horse keep its conditoning? If I train steadily for a few months and then have to take 3-4 weeks off because of, well, life being too busy...Has my guy lost half his conditioning? All his conditioning? None?

If I don't have too much time to condition so I only go out for a long ride once a week for a few months and then take 3 weeks off, what then?

Just wondering, (as my life is getting too, too full.)

Nina

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding. ~ Homer Saferwiffle