Re: [RC] Hot weather - Lynne Glazer

Good story!

It always makes me laugh to read how the westerners swear by getting wet and using those gel or waterabsorbing neckerchiefs--and imagining the southerners recoiling in horror. After living in Louisiana for 3 years, the thought of that clammy feeling is not appealing.

Hard for us to remember how things are so different in the regions. Footing, critters,--but let's get onto the RIDERS. Food choices. Tack choices. Heidi drinks MILK on a screamingly hot day--I've SEEN her guzzling. <shudder> <TIC>

If you want to have some fun while not riding, pick up Alexandra Kurland's new book, The Click That Teaches, a step by step guide in pictures. Laid out very attractively, and much more useful (IMO) than her earlier book, helping horses (and their people) get creative and think outside the box. My Q is really taking to it, he learned the foundation stuff in one day broken up into several short sessions, he can't wait to try the next thing, always offering new behaviors. <http://www.theclickercenter.com> Thanks to Dolores Arste for announcing its publication.

Lynne
Ember, Q and Twix
Happy birthday Ember, 13 today (and Bobbie Lieberman's Perle)