Re: [RC] Heat and conditioning - Truman Prevatt

When I did the new riders meeting at the Ponce de'Leon ride a few weeks ago (all the ridres were doing the 25 ) was if you haven't exposed your horse to electrolytes prior to this ride - don't do it tomorrow. If you have - use them. Anything new to a horse is risky - be it new saddle, new saddle pad, new rider, new feed or giving him electrolytes for the first time.

Try different electrolyte mixes and formulations to find one that works but do it training - not at a ride.

Truman