From: "Dot Wiggins" <dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kathleen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Bob/Arlene Morris" <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx>; "Gail Williams"
<gailwilliams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 10:19 PM
Subject: Linited Distance BC

Here in the NW we have been judging LDs for BC the same as 50 miles and up
for years.  ( Vet Score,  Time of top ten,  and Weight)
I have seen no more horses being "raced" for placings at these rides than
at
the few rides who do not give top ten placings.
While I would not like to see LDs lumped with all other distances, I feel
LDs should be managed much like the longer rides, with placings and
regular
BC judging, but in their own division.  I prefer to keep the "Pulse Down
Finish" for the LD rides.

Dot Wiggins  AERC# 968

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers