RE: [RC] Wintec saddles - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

I've done a lot of rides in Wintec 500s. I prefer the 500 material (doesn't get wet) and the 500 cut to the 2000 or endurance. My current endurance saddle is a modified Wintec 500. We straightened the tree to match the curve of my horses back and replaced the stuffing with Flair  air bag system. I've just done 4 rides with it on two week intervals and no problems. The last two rides were in the rain and snow and I really appreciated being able to leave the sopping saddle in the trailer for a few days and then just brush off the sand and mud. Libby
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lynette Helgeson
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 8:36 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Wintec saddles

I am looking at buying the Wintec 500 English saddle with the Easy-Change Gullet System. Has anyone tried this saddle for endurance? Or would it be better to spend the extra money and go with the Wintec 2000 or the Wintec Pro Endurance, which is more spend-y. Does the Gullet system work well? Has anyone tried any of these saddle? I would love some opinions on these before I buy another saddle.

Thanks,

Lynette

helgeson@xxxxxxx