Re: [RC] Need lab to run selenium test - DarkHorseGoddess

>>Could anyone provide the name, address, and/or phone number for a reliable lab to run a blood level selenium test for my horse

The State Of Wisconsin Lab runs selenium & Vit E levels once a month.  I don't have the number, but if your Vet contacts the WI State Vet, they will give you the Lab's phone number.

If you decide to send the blood work there, you need to contact the lab before hand to find out when the plan on running the tests. Otherwise, the blood may end up in a freezer waiting for the tech to run the tests or worse yet, they forget the blood is in the freezer.

It'll cost close to $100.00 to run both tests, and you need to run a Vitamin E along with the Selenium.     Raven