[RC] re: Lead changes - Cindy Collins

I'm sure there are many opinions, but hopefully all experienced endurance
riders will tell you how very important it is to change leads and trotting
diagonals.  If your horse is bending to the right, you should be on the
right lead, etc.  It will make a tremendous difference in your horses
athletic ability, balance and especially, longevity as an endurance horse.
Typically horses only ridden on the same lead/diagonal eventually go lame
on that front leg.  Also, on straight-aways, just be sure to change back
and forth ever so often.  I highly recommend taking dressage lessons to
teach you and your horse how to be balanced and change leads/diagonals.
Good luck.  Cindy

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle