Re: [RC] Watering - Betsy O'Shea

My experience has been that the LEAST amount of cooperation occurs at drinking places.  There are many who will watch their horses, wait, and try not to upset the other horses, and not hog the whole place.  I have learned that my horse needs to learn to drink with these upsets, because I cannot control what other people or their horses do. I get mad and when I do, my horse gets upset even more. So I try not to be with a group, and I will usually get off and "protect"my horses head while drinking.  With more experience, however, my horse will  drink eventually, when he is thirsty, no matter what.  Often asking for what you want pleasantly, will work, but not always.