Re: [RC] LBL - a wonderful ride - Chris Paus

Thanks for the report T-Man.  I've been wanting to do
that ride ever since they started it. Have had foals
each year at that time. Now I'm going to try to time
next year's foaling away from that weekend, LOL...

I WANT to go! Haven't seen Jerry and Diane forever,
although I know they'll be too busy ride managing to
chit chat..

I remember driving through that area on my way to Tenn
to get my mares.. It was gorgeous. I kept thinking
what an awesome area for an endurance ride, LOL..

Next year!

chris
--- Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Daine Fruth did a wonderful job at the LBL under
somewhat adverse
weather conditions. Jerry laid out a beautiful trail
for the 50 and 100
mile ride and the 25 mile trail was very nice also.
The rain didn't seem
to impact the rider's attitude. My horse had his
coming out after two
years of problems, stone bruise leading to a sore
check ligament, come
back then get west nile, then me trying to kill him
and then me blowing
out my leg.

He was first heavyweight carrying a HW rider (and he
looked like he had
done nothing) - as far as I'm concerned the highest
honor any horse can
get ;-)!

This is one to put on your schedule next year.

Truman

--

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet
masters ourselves,

because in doing so we learn the truth about what
cannot be imitated.

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM