[RC] stress rings? how about concussion rings! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Mary Kornwolf mkornwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Every so often, when my horse does a 100 miler that
involves a harder surface than he's used to, he'll get
"blowouts" that first emerge at the coronet band of his
front feet, running the circumference of the hoof. The
blowouts he got after Pine Tree are just now grown out.
My farrier said they aren't a serious issue & the horse
has since completed several hundred miles, including two
100s, with no problems. Nonetheless, blowouts look ugly
and I'm hoping to avoid them in the future! Padding didn't
seem to help avoid the problem, but now I'm using Ker-a-form
and waiting to see if that will help, or at least make his
feet stronger and less likely to have pulled shoes mid-ride.
The more miles I do, the more obsessed I get with feet and shoeing! - Mary in Va

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris