[RC] Guide to lameness - The Winters, Cheryl or Randy

In the discussion of wanting to know where to look at normal radiographs, I
thought of a great book that every horse owner would want in their library.
It is called " Horseowners's Guide to Lameness" by Dr. Ted S. Stashak in
collaboration with Cherry Hill.  It covers every conceivable lameness in
formats that are clear and concise. The format reads as follows.  Name of
problem, Cause, Signs, Diagnosis, treatment, prognosis.  Lots of  abnormal x
rays to show the conditions.  Also there is a very good section on shoeing
and foot and hoof care.  This has got to be one the THE BEST books out there
for the lay person.  Does not talk down, or over our heads, and Know that
the information comes from one of the best lameness vets at CSU veterinary
school in Fort Collins. I very much trust what is in hear compared to other
sources out there.
Be forewarned, it does not make for good bedtime reading right before you
are ready to go to sleep :>))))

Cheryl

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards