[RC] Fender rub - Lani M Olson

Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing?  Used a centerfire rig synthetic for several years, but changed to a 7/8 rig - rear cinch synthetic western while I work out some fitting issues.  Seemed to work for the horse but twist is a little wide for me, making do while I figure out what saddle we need.  Anyway, worked 15 miles yesterday with a lot more trotting (I'm new at this).  Horse also finding lots of "collywobbles".  When I unsaddled the hair was rubbed off my mare's left side in the vertical oval about 4 inches high and 3 inches wide and she had a slight swelling, size of a silver dollar in it.  This area was about midway on the western style fender.  No problem on the right side.  Dye from the saddle had also rubbed into my jeans (yeah, haven't been brave enough for tights yet) only on the left side.  I don't have someone to critique my style, but I try really hard to stay centered.  Can anyone tell from my description what I'm doing wrong?  My horse would appreciate any help I'm sure.  And please, do we have to emphasize COFFEE drinking biddies?  I live on the stuff!  Out west and love it.

Lani