[RC] New Arab grey mare - Melissa

Hi All
I bought a new Arab- gray, 10 years old. I am waiting (not so very patiently) to bring her home hopefully Tues morning (pending negative coggins, etc....my work schedule and previous owners work schedule etc) I met a nice gal at the Mn Horse Expo at the MN Distance Riders Assoc booth who gave me almost all the papers to get prepared to start. As most of you know I had begun to condition/train earlier this spring my older mare when I lost her to colic just a short while ago. My question is....being as she will be moving to a new home and getting used to a new owner, etc....how long should I wait to acclimate her to these new changes before taking her to an overnight trailride (another potential stress level)? (NOT a competition event- just a plain ole trail ride in a park. She has no overnight experience yet. She is an experienced trail riding horse. a month, two?
Thanks,
Melissa/MN