Re: [RC] Horse's Feet - heidi

My horse also has rings around his hoofs on both his front feet.  When
we did Alma (I'm in SA) the vet asked if my horse had been sick in the
last two months.  He said that the hoof showed him the horse was sick.
I have never heard this before, is it true?  Howard (?) called it a
'stress ring', but there was nothing new with him appart that we started
doing LSD and road work.  He always wears shoes and the program is the
same that I have been doing since 2001.  Can anyone give some insight
please?

Not necessarily sick, but definitely something happened there.  I've seen
more than a handful of horses that have one for each endurance ride
they've been to.

As Maggie said, nothing to worry about in and of itself.

Heidi

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers