From: Kari Hanes <khanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Horizontal Hoof Crack
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:12:31 -0400

Last night after a training ride I noticed a crack going horizontal at the top of my mares hoof, about 1/4" away from coronet band. I can't believe I didn't see this before now. I go over her three times a week, but due to my father in laws cancer surgery haven't ridden her in five days. It doesn't seem to bother her movement at all. I'm worried about my first ride of the year May 9, should I even take her? Is there some kind of sealer or something I should put on it? It's not very deep or wide but is about 1" long. My farrier can't come until May 4. Any suggestions?

TIA
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards