Re: [RC] Horizontal Hoof Crack - Merry Wicklund

You might take a look at this website.  They have a hoof repair system.  I have not used it but I would probably give it a try if the need arose.

                                           http://www.hoof-it.us/

Merry

Kari Hanes <khanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Last night after a training ride I noticed a crack going horizontal at
the top of my mares hoof, about 1/4" away from coronet band. I can't
believe I didn't see this before now. I go over her three times a week,
but due to my father in laws cancer surgery haven't ridden her in five
days. It doesn't seem to bother her movement at all. I'm worried about
my first ride of the year May 9, should I even take her? Is there some
kind of sealer or something I should put on it? It's not very deep or
wide but is about 1" long. My farrier can't come until May 4. Any
suggestions?

TIA
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

Be Happy, ride an Appy
www.hurricaneranch.net