Re: [RC] Access to Public lands - Marv Walker

How many equestrians have approached their political representatives to sign on to the ?Right to Ride Bill? this is a big one for equestrians but how many are even aware of its presence. Jerry Fruth from AERC is presenting at this year?s SETC on Equestrians and Politics, we must get informed and involved or we will continue to be pushed out.

Jim you know from our past correspondences that I can get long winded but this is important and most folks don?t give a sh-t till it?s in their backyard and their trail system is being affected.

The main question, how do you wake folks up?how do you get them involved?the continued closure of public lands is an issue and will continue to be an issue?.there is just not enough folks willing to fight for it. Jim, start a grassroots movement for the national heritage of horses on trails. Dr. Woods will be presenting this at SETC and it is enough to bring tears to your eyes and a lump in your throat?.horses were meant to be on trails but the vast majority of Americans who have never been exposed to a horse or even want too don?t see it that way. These are the folks we are up against.

Okay, I have been thoroughly chastened. Add my email/name to any mailing lists you may be compiling. Send me links to any resources you may have so I can put them on my site. And if you need some space for web pages just let me know.

Marv "My favorite trail at Hard Labor Creek State Park has
gone back to nature and I defy anyone to find any trace of
it.  The trail didn't destroy the environment, the environment
destroyed the trail." Walker
2004 Marv Walker Events: http://MarvWalker.com/2004.htm

Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith