Re: [RC] What if your horse hates to condition? - Becky Rohwer

 > My biggest concern is that we aren't conditioning the
 > same way that we'll ride in a ride. He'll be happy to
 > trot 10 mph at a ride, and if he's been mainly
 > conditioned at a choppy 6 mph, that can't be the best
 > thing for him. But, I've gotten several other emails
 > like yours, so I'm definitely not alone, and will just
 > keep on keepin' on. : - )

 I guess one of the things I think about a ride is that not only is it a
competition, but also a condition stepping stone for the next ride.  It's
just a longer ride.  So, there you are getting your 10 MPH conditioning ride
done.  Make sense??

 Alright everyone, don't jump all over me about just taking your
unconditioned horse to a ride to condition them.  That is not what I am
saying just in case you are thinking that.  I know how you all can be. :-)
But each competition can be a step up to the next ride, so use them as such.

 Becky R.

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle