Re: [RC] Surgar in Beet Pulp/ Laminitis Scare - Lynne Glazer

I don't agree--I am delighted that she would share the admittedly preliminary one-rat info, couched with a whole lotta "ifs" for those who had reported weirdness with some beet pulp feeds.

I think that's quite an insult in your last line--especially after her years of service, unpaid at that, to endurance people on all aspects of nutrition.

She even gave a method for insuring that no sugars remain for feeding to a laminitic or Cushingoid horse--yet another public service.

Lynne
still a SuG fan

On Apr 19, 2004, at 8:18 PM, MARYYG@xxxxxxx wrote:

>>However, I was recently forwarded a copy of an analysis of some beet pulp (admittedly, only one sample) in which simple sugars ran incredibly high, over 30%---which for a seriously insulin resistant and/or Cushinoid horse with laminitis issues, could potentially be catastrophic<<
?
Doc, i really did enjoy your interests in the well being of our equids, but you just stepped over the line. That line consist of true fact and realistic information to the public. One sample??in a?true scientific study doesn't have a conclusion or points of discussion.?? Until the beetpulp study is complete?? theorecticals need?to be?kept?under wraps and ?tabled?when?conclusive fact is found?instead of therum. You sound like?every other? equine prognosticator,? scare the hell out of them first then explain it's just very few horses that are affected..
?
??Jaye?
?

===========================================================I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some fitness. A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there will help. ~ Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport Science, University of Dayton