[RC] Ponce De Leon Lost horse - TeeKeyLaa

--- Begin Message ---
Lost Horse Ponce De Leon:
 I'm the rider whose horse was lost. 13 hours I looked, prayed, cussed and cried. You don't think a 54 year old man can cry, let him think he just killed his best friend. Allegro my seven year old Arab gelding never asked to do endurance, it's my passion. He would just as soon look out the trailer window as ride 50 miles. I want to thank Kim Williams for her patience and all the people for there prayers and encouragement. I wasn't going to give up, around 4 I ran to Wal Mart for head lights and gas for the four wheelers. I had walked all day, all over the area, knocked on doors, left notes, have you seen a horse. We had taken a hard fall in a wash and rolled head over heals. He was facing away from me when he got up and off he went. I could track him about 100 yards. It looked like he went in the woods but I would lose his tracks. I learned the woods were about 30,000 acres and the thoughts that ran threw my mind weren't good. I went back into the woods just before dark, I would walk 30 yards, yell his name, whistle, then listen. At about 90 to a 120 yards, I looked to the left and there he stood, about 20 yards away. His reins at his front feet, saddle in place, fully tacked. Allegro had a nasty scrap on his front left leg, a scrap on his chest from his breast collar, and another over his eye, but he was alive. I felt like I had just won a million dollars. To finish is to win, not in this case. We had to use a head light to get out of the woods. Just another never give up story I guess. If you loose your horse keeping checking the area you last saw him, chances are he will be close. I will be checking into homing device's soon. I know they make them for dogs.

Happy Trails Allegro, Sophie&
Fred L Myers

--- End Message ---