[RC] hair loss: mites? Lice? ....? - A. Perez

 The farm where I field board is currently suffering from an
epidemic of hairloss.  Most of the 20+ horses have patches of
hair loss or areas where the hair is broken off at the skin
surface in large irregular patches - look like they've been
shaved.  At first I thought it was due to rubbing, but it is
showing up on areas that would be impossible for a horse to rub.
It does not look anything like rain-rot (no scabs, bumps or
dust), and does not appear to itch or be sore.

Any suggestions as to cause or treatments would be most
appreaciared.  My vet is treating several of the horses and is
not sure what is going on.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith