[RC] gas prices - Marlene Moss

Ok, I’ve been taking the whole gas price thing in stride.  I’m not going to let it affect what rides I can get to (my time already does that!) and I didn’t think I’d really complain about it.

Well, now I’m pretty pissed – but at Conoco in specific.  Gas prices here in southern CO aren’t as bad as some others - $1.74-$1.94 for regular to premium with diesel around $1.69.  Except at Conoco.  In Colorado Springs, Conoco diesel is $1.89.  Up in the mountains where I live its $1.95.  The gas prices are somewhat comparable, but I just cannot figure out why Conoco has diesel $0.20-0.30 higher than everyone else around here, big city or mountain town.

I complained to a local station and she said her boss shows the employees the receipts for fuel just so they can explain that its Conoco, not the owner jacking up the price.

So we bought $4.00 worth of diesel and drove 20 miles to the next town!  I would actually prefer to give my business to locals, but since one guy owns all the gas stations in 3 towns and they’re all Conoco, I’m going to have to plan better!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.KineticEquineAnalysis

719-351-5037 (cell)