Re: [RC] Gas Prices *scream* - heidi

Here in the NW,( Portland /Vancouver area)  I saw premium for 2.09
yesterday.

Diesel was 2.05
Mid  was 1.99
Regular was 1.89

It cost me over $90 to fill the tank.

I just got back from hauling a bunch of broodmares over to the Seattle
area, and did pay $2.09 for diesel in Ellensburg, but found it a dime or
more cheaper in various areas around Seattle, so certainly bypassed the
fuel pumps in Ellensburg on the way home...  <g>  (Still $1.82 in Lolo,
MT, thank heavens.)

That said, though, and as awful as it is to pay that, I got to thinking
about the fuel crisis in the 70s when there just plain wasn't any gas to
buy.  At least it is there, and one can make the choice to buy at that
price or not.

I also realized that this 1400 mile round trip only cost me about $25 more
than I had budgeted for it--which also helped me to put it into
perspective.  Unless it gets a whole lot worse, that likely won't keep me
from doing a ride or two a month (which is about all I can get to anyway),
given that most on my calendar aren't anywhere near that far from home.

Heidi

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards