Re: [RC] More on Montana de Oro Issue from John Krueger - Steven Proe

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] More on Montana de Oro Issue from John Krueger

Hi John and Sandy: Prior to taking any action on closing off any State Park Lands there must be an "Order or Decision Made by Someone". While I believe in saving and protecting Endangered Species, I also believe that these types of "actions" must be done in a "open and public way".

My suggestion if you wish the answers to your questions on the "Closure" are to send a letter to the Ranger and their superiors under the CA. Public Records Act. You should request the background information on the Closures. I am not familiar with the issues or players, but they must respond in writing in a 10 (ten) day period normally. Make sure that you request a written response, because as you will find out. If it isn't in writing, it does count or exist, you may wish to check the State Park website for this information also. See:  http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=980 . If you wish to call me and discuss this my # is 530-823-1662.

PS, there is no such thing as a land locked piece of land. A owner of land in CA must have legal access if it has a parcel number.

Hth
Steven Proe