[RC] moose & bears - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Kimberly Price kprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moose are prey animals and grizzlies will take down old, sick or
very young.  They have an extremely sensitive personal space and will be fine
until that bubble of space gets crossed, then watch out!  I saw a film of a cow
moose hanging in a parking lot and people walking past her back and forth to
get their groceries, someone was filming from across the street.  One guy went
into her personal space and she turned and trampled him to death.  It was a
horrifying video.

I also studied bears while working at Glacier Bay Alaska.  Black bears are more
unpredictable then grizzlies and all they have
to do is be successful at something once and they will then try again 100
times+ without being successful but keep on trying!  They also love to chew,
like dogs, and have been known to chew up bike tires and such.  If camping
don't wear deoderant, don't pack your toothpaste in your tent and of course, no
food.  Lastly, bigger is better in the bear world and
never try to outrun them, it just arouses their prey instinct.

good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown