[RC] # of nails for Ground Controls - Laura Hayes

Sharon Wrote::>>>>Can I get away with only 4 nails in each of the hind shoes?  Here's why, since I know people will ask.

So my question is, how many nails do we really NEED to be putting in each hind
shoe?

Thanks,
-Sharon K. & Zephyr's Elegant Gift ("OH that feels awful Mom, make her stop!!")<<<<

Sharon - I don't use the toe nail in GCs and have not had any problem.  I also just use four nails in each shoe, escpecially since I may switch to another type of shoe for a specific terrain, and want to avoid the spaghetti strainer foot type.  I do however, add another nail on each side before anything over 50 miles.  In the case of the hinds, you may be ok there anyway.  I think the fronts take a little more stress than the back in most horses.

Laura Hayes AERC #2741