Re: [RC] Wolfes attack for fun??? - Chrystal

You probably can't SHOOT at your wolves because when you all were allowed
to you shot most of them!!! You actually had to BUY wolves from Canada
because you guys killed so many!!!!!!!!!

            <heidi@sagehillcm
            k.com>
            04/13/04 11:52 AM         <Chrystal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                       cc
                                      <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [RC]   Wolfes attack for fun???

I hate to jump in here as it is not endurance related and that is why I
am on this list , however I used to live in Fort Nelson( waaay up North
in B.C>) and wolves were a part of life, they were often in our backyard
at night, they were everywhere!!! They never hurt a person and we all
learned to bring our pets inside at night, there was a big push on when
I lived there to kill the wolves, our town was famous for a couple of
weeks as Paul Watson ( Greenpeace) and Farley Mowat followed by news
cameras  campaigned to save the wolves ( in which they suceeded) , one
of the speeches that helped save those wolves was about how the U.S has
decimated their wolf population in many areas due to groundless fear of
them, and how as Canadians we should learn from that & not repeat the
same mistakes.

Gee, that's funny--you could SHOOT at yours, so they stayed under control,
but we CAN'T shoot at ours...  Therein lies the difference.

Heidi

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm