RE: [RC] [RC] Wolves,bears,snakes,public lands/yippee - heidi

Ray, I can't really tell if you're serious with this post or not, but,
let's  just assume you are.  I remember, years ago, sitting in a bar, I
had gone in  to get one beer after a rough day of air traffic
controlling and I was in my  Air Force uniform.  This was back when men
(or wimmen) in uniform weren't  seen as heroes or people who got as much
respect from the general public as  they do now.  Anyway, this guy comes
up to me, never met him before, he had  had a few, and began telling me
how his tax dollars were paying my salary.

I just happened to have a calculator in my jacket pocket (I think it was
tax  season and I do my own taxes) so, with him watching, I crunched
some numbers  together figuring out, roughly of course, just exactly how
much of his tax  dollars came out to make up my annual salary. I was
taking some college math  courses back then so I thought I could
actually do this within reason.

I came up with 2 cents.  I reached into my pocket and gave this fellow a
 nickle.  Told him he could keep the change and left the bar.

Gee, for once I've got to applaud Howard.

Struggling in a community where over 92% of the land is federal land
(hence no tax base) and where most of the residents work hard at
maintaining that federal land in such a way that it IS open for
public/multiple use, while having to find other ways to finance things
like schools, etc. that normally come out of property taxes, I'd say WE
are the ones subsidizing the public lands after having been shoved out of
them.  But hey, Ray, I'm sure your interests in the lands in this county
could be more than covered by a few pennies or so.  I'd gladly send yours
back.  And other than your few cents or so, just what HAVE you done to
improve the public lands here in Idaho??

Heidi

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris