[RC] re: [RC] ponying--do they learn anything? - Michelle Fink

I ponied my MFT extensively before riding him.  While he is quite spooky in
pasture, he is not bad at all under saddle.  Seems ponying taught him to
either spook in place or to run forward a few steps instead of teleporting
or spinning.  He was very afraid of cars at first, and ponying helped that
immensely.  He is looky-snorty, ponying helped me learn that just because he
is excited, he isn't necessarily going to blow a cog (that helped me when I
first rode him).

It was extremely easy to get him going out alone, and it also translated to
trailering.  He loved being trailered out and ponied as a youngster and
still loves to get in the trailer and go.

Happy Trails,
Michelle
(Colorado)

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown