Re: [RC] re: wolves, ranching, westerners vs. the coasts, etc. - Cindy Collins

Thanks, Laurie for your comments.  Dear Ray (ridecamp guest):  I NEVER
forget that our western lands belong to the federal government and to
"everyone" in our great country.  We are reminded every day that we in
"fly over" country have no control over the decisions made about the land
adjacent to our homes, our trails and our beloved horses.  Once again, I
will say, please reintroduce some of these large predators into your own
backyard, make a bunch of wilderness that stops you from using your land
for competition (and, it doesn't matter if it's been used for mining,
ranching, forestry, and recreation for years, you can just pretend it's
pristine) and then I will respect your opinion a bit more.  I do not come
to Virginia and try to force my beliefs on Virginians nor do I lobby my
legislators to do so.  I believe Virginia, also, has some public lands but
I respect the local people's feelings about what should happen with them.
I wish others felt the same.  Cindy

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards