[RC] [RC] snakes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The snakes are out here in Southern California, be careful.

Until Bar H Boogie, I had never come across an angry rattler
before.  The normal rattler (or any other snake) behavior is to
get outta the way when a large animal comes at them.  But, at Bar
H I got into a standoff with a pretty big and pissed off Mohave
rattler.  It was going down into Dawson's Canyon -- so no way to
go around the snake.  Luckily the rider who came up behind me had
heard that squirting them with water will make them move, so I
held her horse while she tried that.  For future reference it
does work.

Since Bar H I've seen two more rattlers and one gopher snake up in
the hills in Norco.  The gopher snake pulled the same deal as the
Mohave rattler at Bar H in that he didn't move off the trail.
Luckily he was what he was, so we just stepped around him.

~Nicole

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond