Re: [RC] BOB's retirement - Tracy Cann

Hey Donna,
Don't be sad.  You've given that horse a wonderful, exciting, career.  He'll love his retirement as much as Ebby does.  Ebby was so funny when I first started riding Gryffin allot.  I think his arthritis was bothering him some time before I retired him because he got harder and harder to catch.  On his last ride he just didn't seem to be having a good time so that was it.  Now he's figured out that I'm going out to catch Gryffin to take to a ride.  He takes the carrot as I pass him in the pasture and seems to say "Yea, go get that chestnut idiot, he needs to learn something."  We still trail ride him and have allot of fun but everything is on his terms now.  Whatever he feels like doing.  I put him on the lunge line a while back and after going around for awhile he just looked at me and stopped.  He seemed to say, "Hey lady, this is a little hard for an old fart, so if you don't mind I'm not going to do it anymore."  I couldn't stop laughing, and of course conceded to his wishes.  I sometimes miss riding him at a ride, (Ebby never kicked me in the head like someone I know.) but Gryffin is keeping me busy.  Just start to enjoy Henry and give Bob his dues.  He'll figure out that retirement is "cool" like Ebby did and tell you "Yea, go get that Henry idiot, he needs to learn something."

Love,  Tracy