Re: [RC] [RC]   Hide the Horse Food - Chris Paus

Well, as you have learned, there are several schools
of thought on this...

At one ride, my horse hung up at 80 bpm at the vet
check, refusing to come down... Diane Fruth started
shoving whole carrots in his mouth, and he dropped to
criteria almost immediately!

That shoots the theory that they won't pulse down if
they are eating...

I think in his case, he was so worried about the other
horses coming and going, they kept sending his heart
rate back up. When  his mind was on food, he relaxed.

chris
--- Cowgirgoof@xxxxxxx wrote:
My horse won't drop if he's eating... Now I've heard
recently it may only have to do with what position
the head is in; ie: head down, pulse up, head up,
pulse will come down...

Any thoughts on this?
Becky

Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a
horse.
~  Frank Solano

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
The only thing worse than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing

~