[RC] Snakes - WRSINOSKY

Just had to get into this one.... Living in AZ in the desert we have lots of rattlesnakes and gopher snakes. I generally leave them alone. They don't come near where my horses live. If they do, I'll kill 'em. But not out on the trail. They usually try to get out of our way.  I'm more concerned about loose dogs out here than any snake. Had a girlfriend drug off her horse right in front of me the other year. Some idiots let their pit bull get loose, knowing the dog had been used for fighting. After the dog mauled my friend, it attacked my other friend's two horses. When there was finally a clear shot, our neighbor killed it. Then the owner comes screeching out of her house, carrying on about wanting to bury her dog and having a fit when animal control carted the blasted thing off. I really wanted to shoot her instead. Couldn't we get a new law saying it's okay to shoot stupid, irresponsible people? I'm more inclined to shoot dogs than snakes any day of the week.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ