[RC] relaxing your horse? - Elkenchild

Hey Karla, Kyya, and other riders! Thanks again for the advice (a belated thanks). I've been really working on cueing my mare to drink, and it's working (knock on wood), but I doubt it will when she's excited. She has a really hard time relaxing, and I'm working on putting her in stressful situations and being calm, but she gets her head up in the air and out of the game, you've all seen it I'm sure. Is there a magic button I can push, or some natural horseman thing I can do, to get her to focus on me, or relax in general. Been working on stroking the neck, putting the head down with poll and wither pressure, but it's hard! Being in season really doesn't help, because then even her ground manners go out the window and she bumps into me with her shoulder, etc, which makes me mad and then makes her more tense. The vicious circle of tension! ANY advice appreciated!