[RC] seat length re women/posting/etc - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think most horsefolks,especially female,should think more often about having
equipment that accomodates them,and put a little less effort into making their
bodies learn a technique to accomodate equipment which may be wrong for them.If
a saddle selection(or modification) is BETTER for you,you'll know it,right
away.I am thinking especially here of the overall seat length. Truman once
warned me about being diplomatic on this topic,and I am a gentleman,so here
goes: ladies need more booty space,aft from the stirrup hanger,than men. If
that space is lacking,riding lessons be damned,you are never going to be able
to sit DOWN into that horse;you will be always "hovering" and stuggling with
balance.And Remember: seat length size numbers are MEANINGLESS,except when
comparing two otherwise identical make and model saddles.(For example,if two
different make saddles,of (nominally)the same seat length, have their stirrup
hanger in different fore-aft positions,the seat lengths will not really be the
same.)You just gotta buy 'em and try 'em.Used saddles are a fine thing!

your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards