Re: [RC] Spooking: Nature or Nurture? - Marv Walker

I've got a 7 yo gelding who seems to spook more and more each month--lately he even spooks as his own shadow. He's quick to drop and spin, and I'm tired of ending up on the ground.

My question is: is spooking part of who he is? I've been riding him for 3 years on trails, and he's done several LD rides, but he gets all of his "courage" from other horses. I'm getting too old to keep ending up in the dirt, and I'm wondering if he and I should part ways permanetly.

I have a word for you, it's a long one and it makes little sense when you read it yet I'm sure you'll understand it when you see it....

http://www.avcadoctors.com/search_for_avca_certified_doctor.htm

I'm betting C3, C4 and possibly some axis atlas problems.

Marv "Some swear by it, some swear at it, all our animals
are in the by it group." Walker
2004 Event Appearances: http://MarvWalker.com/2004.htm

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes