[RC] Racing...Tevis Starts - Jonni Jewell

By the way, why does Potato get punished so severly (not being allowed to
compete for the Haggin Cup) for "bumping" a horse at the ride start and
someone else is not punished at all for running a person over at the finish
line? <<<

If I remember correctly, part of the Haggin Cup judging is also based on the
rider as a "horseman" (or woman) and sportsmanship. I can't find the written
description, but I remember it was more that just the condition of the
horse. The year you are speaking of, I had heard there was MUCH more that
went on that day from the rider mentioned than just.... ah.....'bumping'
riders.  Haggin Cup judging is not done under AERC rules. It is under the
board of governors guidelines for the WSTF. Probably much tougher than AERC.

Play nice out there..........

Jonni

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius