[RC] trailering confidence - Patti Kuvik

My new trailer (an EquiSpirit 2H straight load) came with a fan in the head
area. It's 12v (trailer has it's own 12v battery so it's not running off my
truck batteries), small but moves a lot of air, and can either swivel or be
stationary.  (It also has huge windows, a white fiberglass/insulated roof,
wood floor, full height doors at the head I can open when stopped and
insulated double walls. All considerations I had in mind for trailering in
the hot, sunny Southwest. )
Places like Camping World have 12v swivel fans; shouldn't be too hard to
wire in.
I've seen slants where the grids stay up when you drop the windows; don't
know why they aren't all made that way.

Patti

snip<<<<
One other question (which may actually help this horse)  for those of
you with Exiss trailers, do you find ventilation to be an issue?  I have
a 2000 LQ 3H and I really don't like the options I have with the
window.
I don't want to drop the windows as that is too dangerous but just
sliding the small sliders doesn't provide enough airflow.  When it's
warm (I just got the trailer last fall) the front horse is frequently
either very warm or even sweaty with every single window and vent open.
The first stall has a stud divider so maybe that is the problem?  The
others are warm but not as bad (and the mustang is usually hauled in one
of the back stalls.) I was thinking of getting some small fans any
thoughts on if that would work?  Other suggestions?

Thanks!
Marlene

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher