RE: [RC] Racing - Carol

Ed wrote:
I accidentally proved that to be the case.  One time my horse and I had a
disagreement as to which way we would go at a "T" during a wind sprint up a
hill.  Suddenly we both realized that things were to fast to go either way,
I reined him in and he did the quickest sliding stop on the hard packed
gravel that I have ever experienced.  When I got back to camp I found that
he had slid out of his back shoes! They were still on, but about 1/4 inch
back from where they had been.  Obviously, given the stresses involved in
this I have never tried to get him to do it again.

Ed,
 you proved my point. My horse also stops so fast he can "slid out of his shoes" which is why he has clips on. Obviously, Truman has never had a horse like ours. By the way, why does Potato get punished so severly (not being allowed to compete for the Haggin Cup) for "bumping" a horse at the ride start and someone else is not punished at all for running a person over at the finish line? Is this fair? I wonder how much politics really play into our sport...
Carol