[RC] Abstract vs.Empirical riding methodology - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 I am reminded of Truman's story about challenging his dressage instructor to
a fast trail ride. I think there are a lot of instructors out there foisting a
lot of nonsense onto little girls who never question it,ornever manage to put
it into perspective.No doubt there are a lot of us "primitive" riders out there
who should have had a bit more formal training ,but I see these groups of
riding ring kids occasionally come to a field trial,and it is pathetic.They've
been taking lessons for some time,maybe years,and they can't keep up with the
gallery.They seem to be waiting for precise instruction every step of the way.
Meanwhile there are kids up front galloping across creeks on a 16 hand
TWH,who've never had a lesson in their life...

in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the
horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action...
~  DH Lawrence