Re: [RC] Abstract vs.Empirical riding methodology - Truman Prevatt

Check the archives. This was a long time ago - like 7 or 8 years ago.

Truman

sharon1359@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I do believe I would like to read that story, where can I find it?  :)

-Sharon K.

Quoting Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I am reminded of Truman's story about challenging his dressage instructor
to a fast trail ride. I think there are a lot of instructors out there
foisting a lot of nonsense onto little girls who never question it,ornever
manage to put it into perspective.No doubt there are a lot of us "primitive"
riders out there who should have had a bit more formal training ,but I see
these groups of riding ring kids occasionally come to a field trial,and it is
pathetic.They've been taking lessons for some time,maybe years,and they can't
keep up with the gallery.They seem to be waiting for precise instruction
every step of the way. Meanwhile there are kids up front galloping across
creeks on a 16 hand TWH,who've never had a lesson in their life...

===========================================================Black care rarely
sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt

Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.