Re: [RC] and Last - Heat retention on back - need new pad/Sports saddle - Chris Paus

That's a really huge Paso Fino!

chris
--- SquareRock@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All

       And last - I ride a 15.3 paso fino that both
gaits and trots.  He
seems to be retaining a lot of heat under the sports
saddle and is starting to get
white hairs.  I have used a woolback pad on him, and
switched to a skito pad.
 Neither seem to be doing better than the other.  I
think some of the heat
retention is also due to the fact that I'm
physically on his back longer (when
he gaits).  When he trots, he doesn't have the
classic upward thrust when you
post, so I don't think there is much movement of air
under the saddle.  He has
never had a sore back.

       Has anyone used the "webbed" pad (can't think
of the real name) under
the saddle or saddle pad?  Have any ideas?

       Thank again (x3)

Linda S.
Memphis, TN

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Prudence and focus will carry you a long way on a horse.
~  Frank Solano