[RC] RE:Racing - Carol

I think there are two sides to this dilemma. Number one, in a "professional horserace" such as on the track, one would never see people out on the track at the finish line. But in endurance  we have a lot of volunteers who sometimes may unknowingly put themselves in harms way. It is our responsibility , since we are riding 1000 lb. animals, if we are "racing to the finish" to aware of our surroundings. Those riders knew they were running into a crowded area and chose not to slow down. Maybe initially, it was the ride managers fault for not making it clear to the volunteers that this could happen, but when it actually was occurring the riders should have taken responsibility for their actions and slowed down to avoid injuring someone.
Carol