Re: [RC] Skito V. Toklat? (for SportsSaddle)balding loin - Kepsake

In a message dated 4/7/2004 1:17:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The horse now has a balding loin and is sore. Hmm.

(oh, and btw, this isn't due to shedding out his
winter coat - he's been wearing his summer coat
for a good 6 weeks now - so much so that someone
at a ride two weeks ago asked if we were from
Southern California <g>).

I am having this problem as well, but Shenn is not sore.  The back of my pad
has always broken the hairs off of his loins slightly, but never to the extent
that they are now.  I ride with a toklat, but do have the same problem with a
skito, as I have used one of those before.

The problem now is that the hair is breaking off to a much larger extent.  As a
matter of fact, the hair is almost completely gone as of late and I am getting
worried, as we are about to attempt our first 100.  In addition, he is suddenly
having the same problem with the girth.  He has never had girth problems before
and has 1000 miles on him so far.

Linda and Shennandoah
SE region
REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards