Re: [RC] Others riding out of control. Advice sought. - Truman Prevatt

I don't know if I can blame Dr. Spock - too many people blame Dr. Spock for own problems. The one thing my granddaddy always told me is: "your business ends at the end of your nose." I always have followed that advice ( and expect others to follow it with respect to my business ). I think in the long run it is the best policy.

If the parents don't know - they soon will. If they know - they don't want someone "meddling."  It's the barn manager and barn owner that need to address it since they have a stake in it, i.e., it's their business. If it were me and they didn't care enough to take action - neither would I.

Truman

Ed & Wendy Hauser wrote:
"...parents are going to be the ones either sued by someone or burying a daughter.  ..."
More likely they are going to be the ones filing suit against someone, probably the stable owner.  The kids sound like they are spoiled and undisciplined.  They learned (or didn't learn) from the parents.  Caring non-riding parents would make sure that the kids were protected.  Caring intelligent riding parents would be at the barn supervising and riding themselves.  I must conclude that the parents do not know what discipline is.  If the kids were disciplined, they would heed adult advice, at least somewhat.

I would guess that if you talk to the parents, they will defend their kid.  "MY KID WOULD NEVER etc. Stay  out of my business....", that is until one of the kids gets hurt.  Then they will sue everyone who was within 5 miles of the kid.  The stable owner, the owner of the other horse in the ring, etc.

Unfortunately since the invention of self esteem worries by Dr. Spock, many parents haven't a clue as to what discipline, respect, and responsibility are.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.