RE: [RC] others riding out-of-control: advise sought (OT) - Catfish Daniels

Well, you're right, that sometimes it's better just to look the other
way and to leave things alone.  I don't know how old the girls are -
some people call 20 year old adults "kids".  But I assume since you
mentioned the word "pony" in your post, that these girls may indeed be
young.  The way they treat their horses is really no different than what
they probably learned through cowboy and adventure horse movies.  You
can't really blame them for their actions if they have never had proper
guidance I suppose.

If you choose to do something about it due to the danger of the girls
hurting themselves and their horses, it sounds to me like you need to
talk to someone who CAN make them listen and learn - someone that they
respect (hopefully) like their parents or the manager of your barn.

Definitely the parents.  Perhaps a nice conversation over a friendly cup
of coffee would be a good starting point.  Remember that "ignorance",
unfortunately, can be a valid excuse for someone's actions.  Good luck
:-)

Catfish

DBL Realtors